HIGH TECH SUMMIT 2018:
Track on Securing Smart Cities
DTU High Tech Summit is the leading research-based high-tech event in the Nordics. At this summit companies, researchers, students and startups meet to find inspiration and create value. High Tech Summit 2018 presents seven tracks over the course of two days on October 10-11, while high-tech companies and startups exhibit their newest products and ideas. The Summit will be opened by the Danish Prime Minister Lars Løkke Rasmussen.
Smart City Cybersecurity Lab is organising a track about Securing Smart Cities October 11, 13:50-15:50
Cyber Security (part 2): Securing smart cities
Internet of Things
The session will be in Danish
The development of smart city solutions has grown fast over the past years, with innovations in the Internet of Things (IoT) and urban domains to improve services and offerings in the public space. In smart cities, information security plays a major role in protecting levels of confidentiality, availability, and integrity as well as the stability of services. In this track, we invite industry, cities and researchers to address the challenges of security in the smart city. What can we do to deliver valuable services in the public space and at the same time protect the citizens’ privacy and security?
13.50-14.00 Introduction: Marie Gottlieb Danneskiold-Samsøe, Chairman Smart City Cybersecurity Lab, Head of Digitalisation, Vallensbæk Municipality and Head of Secretariat Smart City Cybersecurity Lab Anders Pall Skött
• Business Talk: ”Opportunities and challenges with the smart city technologies we have implemented today” Jens Kjellerup, CIO, Ballerup Kommune
• Tech Talk: "Internet of Things and Security Challenges" Birger Andersen, Head of Center for Wireless Systems and Applications (CWSA), DTU Diplom
• Business Talk: “Collaboration, IT projects and security across municipalities” Søren Kromann, COO, KOMBIT
• Tech Talk: “Secure Smart Cities require Secure Smart IT - Why electrifying traditional business processes won’t work"” Associate professor Christian D. Jensen, Head of Cybersecurity Section, DTU Compute
15.20-15.50 Debate. What can we do to deliver valuable services in the public space and at the same time protect the citizens’ privacy and security?
• Speakers above
• Camilla S. Østerlund, Head of Consulting and Accreditation, Danish Intelligence Services’ Center for Cyber Security
Facilitator: Ole Haugaard Madsen, Partner, Deloitte
See the full program on https://www.hightechsummit.dk/